Planning and Writing Tips For The Perfest Wedding Ceremony
To begin the process of writing, I thought first about what sort of ceremony we wanted. This meant thinking more, in actuality, about what we did NOT want and intuiting what we wanted from there. The best way to get started is to ask yourself a lot of questions such as:
- What religious traditions, if any, do I want to incorporate into my ceremony?
- What rituals (unity candle, handfasting, sand ceremony, etc) do I like?
- How long do I want my ceremony to be?
- Do I want a casual or formal ceremony?
- Do I want the audience to participate in any way?
- Will we have readings or other stories incorporated into the ceremony?